Font Size

Vital Records

Where Do I Obtain My Vital Record?
The Sandwich Town Clerks’ Office is open on Tuesday and Thursdays.   If you require your documentation outside of our office hours feel free to contact ANY City/Town office in the State of New Hampshire or directly with the State here.

Sandwich's Vital Record Request Form (PDF) available for the following requests:

  • Birth: 1935 – Present
  • Death: 1965 – Present
  • Marriage: 1960 – Present
  • Divorce: 1979 – Present (within 6 months of current date)

Certified copies of vital records cost $15 for one copy and $10 for each additional copy (of the same record) per order.  Photo identification is required of the person requesting the vital record.

Access to Vital Records
New Hampshire vital records are considered to be private and access to them is restricted by statute to those individuals who have a "direct and tangible interest" in the record.

To view all of the disclosure limitations to our records, click on this link to our statute: RSA 5-C:9. Certain older records are exempted from these access restrictions: "Birth records more than 100 years old and death, marriage, and divorce records more than 50 years old shall be considered part of the public domain." (RSA 5-C:105)

A variety of older vital records (genealogical) are available in the Town’s vault, dating back to the 1700’s.  These may be viewed by the public or searched by the Town Clerk upon request. 

Individuals wishing to research additional "genealogical" records may do so by visiting the States "Genealogical Research Center" that is located at 9 Ratification Way (formerly 71 South Fruit Street), Concord, NH 03301. Alternatively, upon receipt of a completed application, positive identification and the required fee, Vital Records staff will research records for you.

Additional information can be found at the Secretary of State’s Office website.