Font Size

Vital Records, Marriage Licenses and Notary Services

Please review the resources below to learn more about requesting vital records, applying for a marriage license or notary services:

Requesting Vital Records
Information relating to obtaining birth, death, divorce and marriage records.

Applying for A Marriage License
NH residents, as well as non-residents, who wish to marry in the State of New Hampshire must file for a marriage license. 

Notary Services
Information about notary services offered at Sandwich Town Hall.

Requesting Vital Records

How do I obtain a certified copy of a birth, death, divorce or marriage record?

The following New Hampshire records can be obtained from ANY City/Town office in New Hampshire: 

  • Birth: 1935 – Present 
  • Death: 1965 – Present 
  • Marriage: 1960 – Present
  • Divorce: 1979 – Present (within 6 months of current date) 

Applying for A Marriage License

Marriage Licenses

Anyone, a New Hampshire resident or not, may go to any New Hampshire City or Town Clerk's office to apply for a marriage license.

Be prepared to show identification that proves you are of legal age to be married in New Hampshire. If you have been married before, you must show proof as to how the last marriage ended; certified copy of a death certificate, divorce decree or annulment. The document must have a raised seal.  

Both parties must be present to sign the license before it can be issued and the license is valid immediately upon issuance and for 90 days from the date of filing.