2018 Scholarships Available to Sandwich Students


The Alfred Quimby Trust, Doris L. Benz Trust and Skrungloo Farm all provide scholarships to Sandwich residents.  These scholarships may overlap but each have distinct and different processes.

The Alfred Quimby Trust sponsors scholarships for residents who do not qualify for the Doris L. Benz Trust.  This means if you are a Sandwich resident but did NOT graduate from Interlakes High School or you are a graduate student or an adult student, you may qualify for the Quimby scholarship.

The Alfred Quimby Trust scholarships are managed through the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation.  Applicants must fill out the online application form (there may be different deadlines depending on whether the applicant is going to a 2- or 4-year college or if the student is an independent adult).    Instructions may be found on the Foundation’s website (  April 13 is the deadline that applies to most students.

 The Doris L. Benz Trust will consider scholarship awards to Sandwich residents who meet ALL of the following criteria:

 (1)    resident of Sandwich;

(2)    graduated from Interlakes High School; and

(3)    enrolling in an accredited undergraduate post-secondary education or training program.

 Graduate and adult students or traditional students who did not graduate from Interlakes High School are not eligible for funding from the Doris L. Benz Trust. 

 The Benz Trust also uses the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation to help administer its award.  Students must fill out the online application by April 13.  Unlike the Quimby awards, there is a local Committee which meets to determine awards in late May and early July. 

 For more information about the Quimby or Benz scholarships or other student aid resources, please contact the Student Aid Office at the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation at 1-800-464-6641.

 Skrungloo Farm, Inc. is a private foundation established in 1986 that provides scholarships to residents of, in order of preference, Sandwich, Center Harbor, Moultonborough, Carroll County, Belknap County, and then the entire State of New Hampshire.  Students who are enrolling at an accredited vocational school, technical school, a 2 or 4 year college or university are eligible to apply. Applicants must demonstrate financial need, academic merit, and other nonacademic factors such as community service, school activities and work experience.  Completed applications are due MARCH 1st and must be submitted to SKRUNGLOO FARM, INC. c/o Bianco Professional Association, Attorneys at Law, 18 Centre Street, Concord, NH 03301. For more information, please contact Bianco Professional Association at 1-800-262-8112 or email request to:

© 2017 Sandwich, NH Physical: 8 Maple St, Center Sandwich, NH 03227
Mailing: PO Box 194, Center Sandwich, NH 03227
Phone:  603-284-7701

Powered By Revize Login