The Town of Sandwich has several park/beach areas for residents’ use. Users should display their facility use sticker on their vehicle.
- Town Beach at 533 Squam Lakerd
- Bear Camp Beach - 313 Bearcamp Pond Road
- The Pot Hole Swim Area, on the Cold River, 418 North Sandwich
- Beede’s Falls, Sandwich Notch
The Sandwich Town Beach is open 9am-5pm daily during the summer season. Lifeguards and/or Beach Monitors will be on duty from mid-June through the end of August, weather permitting.
Beach Rules & Regulations
- Facility permits are required at the beach and may be purchased at the Town Hall by Residents and Taxpayers. There is a fine of $75.00 for vehicles not displaying a current sticker or Guest pass.
- Lifeguards and/or Beach Monitors are authorized to enforce all Rules and Regulations and may require any beach-goer to leave for violating any rule.
- Swim only within the roped area.
- No rough play on, or swimming underneath the floating raft.
- There are no floats, life jackets, or inflatable devices allowed in the swimming area, unless medically necessary or during swimming lessons with the Lifeguard.
- Animals are not allowed, except those for special needs, ie (sight or hearing impaired). Please alert the Lifeguards with any special needs.
- Carry Out all Litter.
- Children under the age 12 must be supervised by an adult 17 years or older.
- Children must wear a bathing suit or swim diaper at all times.
- Life guards and/or Beach Monitors will not be on duty during inclement weather. Swim at own risk.
- Items not allowed include but are not limited to: Controlled substances, glass, and cigarettes.
- All persons using the Town Beach do so at their own risk.
- Please Carry Out all Litter.
- Obey the rules and keep the beach safe and clean.
- Town property is not to be removed, damaged, defaced, or destroyed in any way.
- Portable toilets are provided. Please make sure that children use them.
- A phone is available in the Lifeguard shed for Emergency use only. There is also an Emergency Button located on the outside of the Lifeguard shed.
- Dial 9-1-1 for all Emergencies.